Studied with Jean Paul Ladouceur, President and Founder,Canadian Watercolour Association.
Cecilia resides in Alexandria Bay, New York and specializes in Miniature Original Watercolours. These miniatures aim to draw the viewer into fine art that is 1” x 1 ½” for that glimpse of the St Lawrence River or that summer memory, captured for all time.
An Associate Member of the Miniature Painters, Sculptors & Gravers Society of Washington DC, the oldest miniature art society in the US.
Captured by the intense natural beauty of the surrounding landscape, these beautiful scenes inspired time spent in the studio. After on site observations of varying atmospheres, light, and colour, the image is then recreated from sketch or photo. It is then taken to the next step, painted freely, capturing the reflected light seen in nature on paper in watercolour.
Selected Juried Exhibitions:
- H2O Exhibit, Old Forge, NY
- Adirondack Artist Guild Show, Tupper Lake, NY
- Art Literally – Flower Library, Watertown, NY
- The Miniature Painters, Sculptors & Gravers Society of Washington, D.C.
- Internationale d’Art Miniature, Levis, QC
- International Miniature Art Show, Nags Head, NC
- Virginia Fall Foliage Festival, Waynesboro, VA
- Front Royal Wine Festival, Front Royal W VA
- McHenry Highland Games, MD
- Shenandoah Valley Music Festival, Orkney Springs, VA
- SCA travelling exhibition, Montreal, QC